Sunday, June 6, 2010

6/6/2010 - A few hours off!

Who would of thought a few hours off would be so good?  I managed to take about 6 hours off for myself this afternoon.  No I didn't just lay around, that's not me!  I did some laundry, dusted my little space off, walked to the PX, bought some M&M's, copied some music from the laptop to the iTouch and thought what the heck?  Might as well publish a post.  Nothing fancy, nothing real exciting on this side of the world.  We did have our usual rocket attacks and yes, they scored a hit in front of one of the living quarters.  Women's quarters at that!  Minor injuries from what we know.  Oh yeah!  Back to a few hours off.  Did I mention after working roughly 16 hours per day consecutively over a two week span how nice it feels to get a few hours to yourself?  It feels good!  Better if I had my wife on the back of my bike headed somewhere, anywhere! 

Renee spent a few days with the kids in California.  Sounds like the birthdays went well, the cakes turned out great and life was good!  Next year we go together! 

Time continues to pass fairly quickly due to the long demanding hours and workload.  We are over the 10% mark and R&R is scheduled for Christmas and New Years.  Can't wait to see my wife and family.

Did I mention?  Ricky was a young boy, he had a heart of stone...no, no that's the song playing on my itouch.  Sorry, got lost there for a moment.

I really don't have much to report.  The views, smell, dirt and heat are all bout the same!  Just doing time on a work release.  At least that's what it feels like at times.

Anyway, I hope everyone is fine and doing well.  I miss everyone and think of the laughter and good times often.

I'll sign off for now.  Until next time, take care! Later

R2

1 comment:

  1. I'm SO happy that you took some time off! December cannot get here fast enough for me, Babe!! I love you endlessly and completely!

    ReplyDelete